Get the Skills to Become a Nutrition & Wellness Coaching Professional
7 Month* Nutrition & Wellness Coaching Certificate Program in Kansas City, MO
Wellness professionals have realized that to affect real lasting change they need to be able to educate clients on what to do in their daily lives, and particularly what they put in their bodies, and how it complements or conflicts with their other personal goals.
That’s where Nutrition & Wellness Coaching comes in.
With knowledge in areas like basic nutrition, meal planning, weight regulation, and stress management, Nutrition & Wellness Coaches help clients uncover what drives their behavior and then help implement a plan to make long-term positive improvements in their lives.
- Jul 1stNutrition and Wellness Coaching Certificate: Daytime WellSpring School of Allied Health (Kansas City, MO)
- Jul 2ndNutrition and Wellness Coaching Certificate: Evening WellSpring School of Allied Health (Kansas City, MO)
Becoming a Qualified Nutrition & Wellness Coach
WellSpring School of Allied Health provides a state-of-the-art coaching model that has been adapted from the National Association for Fitness Certifications (NAFC) and incorporates all the theory, practical experience, and industry support that it takes to become a confident Nutrition & Wellness Coach. We have also recently added a Behavior Change Certification (BCS) to the program, from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
Students take nutrition-focused classes, including:
- Intro to Nutrition Coaching
- Nutrition, Metabolism and Weight Management
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Nutrition and the Lifecycle
- Alternative Wellness Concepts
- Nutrition Analysis
- Nutrition & Disease Prevention
- Current Issues & Diet Trends
Also, wellness-centered and general education classes, such as:
- Intro to Wellness Coaching
- Health & Behavior Theory
- Stress Management
- Weight Management
- Business Basics for Entrepreneurs
- Social Media, Websites & Generating Customers
- Goal Setting and Time Management
Note: The Nutrition & Wellness Coaching Program is currently offered only at our Kansas City, MO campus, but we hope to add it to our Lawrence campus very soon.
This program is a “best fit” for individuals who are already involved in the health and wellness industry in some way, including a health food store, natural grocer, or a fitness center. It’s also well-suited for more independent wellness practitioners like massage therapists, personal trainers, and life coaches who are eager to expand their services and provide more comprehensive support to their clients.
Graduates are prepared to work in a variety of job settings, including wellness centers, school health systems, hospitals, corporate wellness programs, as well as health clubs and fitness centers, particularly in support of a Registered Dietician (RD). As a graduate of this program, you may even choose to start your own business.
Convenient Classes – Daytime or Evening
WellSpring courses are designed to fit the needs of busy adult learners. The Nutrition & Wellness Coaching Program is offered at our Kansas City, MO location either during the daytime or in the evening, allowing you to balance your career training with family, work and other responsibilities.
- Daytime: The daytime schedule consists of two 8-hour sessions per week, either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. The daytime option is ideal for individuals who want to complete the program as quickly as possible, while still having some flexibility. This program can be completed in just over 7 months.*
- Evening & Weekend: The evening & weekend schedule consists of two 4-hour evening sessions per week and one-weekend session per month. Weekend schedules and hours may vary. This program can be completed in 9 months.*
This is an accelerated, career-focused education. You won’t spend time on irrelevant content designed to drag out the program and drive up costs. You get the practical, hands-on training you need to achieve your career goals in a convenient, efficient format.
“I felt highly confident leaving WellSpring, but also really excited just to get started in helping people with their quality of living. So many things that were immeasurable, I felt the education was high quality. I felt the hands-on experience was exceptional, and I felt that I could take care of my clients as well as myself.”
– Arlene Williams, WellSpring Graduate
To read additional student reviews, visit our testimonial page.
Continuous Career Support
Our dedicated Career Services staff will work with you throughout your training and beyond to help you turn your training into a successful career you love. Experienced Job Placement professionals are happy to help with things like resume preparation, interview techniques, and job searches.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Nutrition & Wellness Coach Right for You? Get More Info…
Discover whether a career as a Nutrition & Wellness is the right path for you. Fill out the form on this page to receive more information. A helpful WellSpring Admissions Representative can answer all your questions and help you with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call us at 1-855-278-7077
*Program length when completed in normal time