Get the Skills to Become a Master Massage Therapy Professional
16 Month* Master Massage Therapy Program in Kansas City, Lawrence, and Wichita
The Massage Therapy industry has become incredibly diversified in recent years, as it has moved from the spa, salon, and private club realms into hospitals, hospice centers, chiropractic offices, fitness clubs, and sports medicine and rehab centers.
As this has occurred, there has been a growing demand for training in more specialized practice areas. The Master Massage Therapist Degree (AOS) Program at WellSpring School of Allied Health offers students some of the most comprehensive and advanced training available in the industry today. The payoff… students who take this journey will have their career prospects increased dramatically, including access to employers who are much more selective and demanding, but who also may offer better compensation.
- Mar 9thMaster Massage Therapist Degree (AOS): Daytime WellSpring School of Allied Health (Lawrence, KS) Become a “Master Massage Therapist” and broaden your employment prospects with the added training offered in our Associate of Occupational Science Degree program.https://wellspring.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/advanced-massage.jpgWellSpring School of Allied Health
- Mar 29thMaster Massage Therapist Degree (AOS): Daytime WellSpring School of Allied Health (Wichita, KS) 610 S. Tyler Road, Ste 110 Wichita KS USA 67209 Become a “Master Massage Therapist” and broaden your employment prospects with the added training offered in our Associate of Occupational Science Degree program.https://wellspring.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/advanced-massage.jpgWellSpring School of Allied Health
- May 24thMaster Massage Therapist Degree (AOS): Evening WellSpring School of Allied Health (Wichita, KS) 610 S. Tyler Road, Ste 110 Wichita KS USA 67209 Become a “Master Massage Therapist” and broaden your employment prospects with the added training offered in our Associate of Occupational Science Degree program.https://wellspring.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/advanced-massage.jpgWellSpring School of Allied Health
Basic Massage Training
This is where students learn the basics about the practice of Massage Therapy, including:
- Foundations of Massage Therapy
- Massage Techniques in Practice
- Systemic & Kinetic Anatomy
- Pathology & Advance Massage Techniques
- Neuromuscular Massage & Sports Massage
- Specialty Massage Techniques, like Reflexology and Older Adult
- CPR & Clinical Massage Internship
Beyond the science and technique of massage, you’ll learn about the business aspects of Massage Therapy, including the laws that govern the business. Each topic will help turn your Massage Therapy practice into a rewarding career, whether it’s working for yourself or being employed at a wide variety of spas/clinics, or some combination of the two.
Is a Rewarding Career in Massage Therapy Right for You? Take the Wellspring "Massage Therapy Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Massage Therapy Career Training Readiness score now!
Advanced Massage Techniques
The advanced training components of our Master Massage Therapist Degree (AOS) Program will delve more deeply into the following advanced areas of study:
- Spa Treatments
- Corrective Exercise Training
- Movement Modalities
- Cranio-Sacral Bodywork
- Energy Balancing
- Corrective Exercise Training
- Massage in a Healthcare Setting
- Oncology Massage
- Medical Externship
After completing the entire program, you’ll be able to perform at the absolute highest skill levels of expertise in the industry and you will be seen as a more preferred candidate for employment, particularly in the healthcare field.
Get Hands-On Training & Real World Experience
Students will also benefit from an externship as part of their training, where they will gain practical, real-world experience working with clients in a real healthcare environment before they graduate.
“What I love the most about being a massage therapist, is that nearly every person who comes to see me is there because they genuinely want to be. In my previous career of being a real estate agent, there was so much tension and stress on the job. In massage therapy there is a lack of stress and a peace that overcomes both client and therapist.People tell me that seeing me is the favorite time of their routines. I love being able to have an entire network of people I know and keep up with while “working”. Confucius says, “Find work you love and you will never work a day in your life.”
– Julia K. Thomas, Massage Therapy Graduate, and Owner of Imagine Wholeness
To read additional student reviews, visit our testimonial page.
Graduates of the Master Massage Therapist Degree (AOS) Program earn an Associate of Occupational Science Degree and are qualified to sit for the National Certification Exam and become licensed in most states and municipalities. They would be credentialed as a Master Massage Therapist with advanced training in Medical Massage, Eastern Bodywork techniques, and Spa Treatments. Students would also be eligible to sit for the National Academy of Sports Medicine certification exam, and upon successful passing of the exam would carry the Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) title as well.
Choose From Convenient Day or Evening Schedules
The Master Massage Therapist Degree (AOS) Program offers both daytime and evening class schedules, so you can balance your career training with family, work, and other interests. As with all our programs, our Integrative Massage Degree AOS Program features a low student/instructor ratio to maximize the personal attention and set you up for success.
- Daytime: The Daytime program meets two full days per week, either on Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, for a total of 16 months.*
- Evening: The Evening program run four evenings per week, Monday through Thursday, for a total of 16 months.*
Continuous Career Support
Advanced massage training is all about getting ahead of the pack in a rewarding career that you’re passionate about. The dedicated Career Services staff at WellSpring will work with you throughout your training and beyond to help you turn your training into a successful career you love.
Experienced Job Placement professionals are happy to help with things like resume preparation, interview techniques, and job searches.
At WellSpring School of Allied Health, we offer a variety of funding options to help make training possible for students. Student aid and scholarship opportunities, including government funding, is available at our Kansas City, MO, Springfield, MO and Lawrence, KS campuses. Sit down with one of our Financial Aid advisors today.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Is the Master Massage Therapist Degree (AOS) Program Right for You? Get More Information…
Discover whether a career in Massage Therapy is the right path for you. Fill out the form on this page to receive more information. A helpful WellSpring Admissions Representative can answer all your questions and help you with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call us at 1-855-278-7077
*Program length when completed in normal time, about four more months after completing the Massage Certificate Program