Get the Skills to Become a Medical Assisting Professional
10 Month* Medical Assisting Certificate Program
Meet the growing demand for healthcare workers! Medical Assistants play a pivotal role in the efficiency and productivity of medical offices.
WellSpring’s Medical Assisting Certificate Program, offered at our Kansas City, MO, Witchita, KS and Springfield, MO locations, will give you the job-ready skills to move quickly into a rewarding career in a high-demand field.
- Aug 3rdMedical Assisting Certificate: Daytime WellSpring School of Allied Health (Springfield, MO) Learn how to assist physicians in the examination and treatment of patients, as well as perform routine office tasks. Hands-on learning during lab classes lets you practice your skills so you’ll be ready for your career the minute you graduate.https://wellspring.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Medical-Assistant-hero.jpgWellSpring School of Allied Health
- Aug 3rdMedical Assisting Certificate: Evening WellSpring School of Allied Health (Kansas City, MO) Learn how to assist physicians in the examination and treatment of patients, as well as perform routine office tasks. Hands-on learning during lab classes lets you practice your skills so you’ll be ready for your career the minute you graduate.https://wellspring.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Medical-Assistant-hero.jpgWellSpring School of Allied Health
- Sep 8thMedical Assisting Certificate: Daytime WellSpring School of Allied Health (Wichita, KS) 610 S. Tyler Road, Ste 110 Wichita KS USA 67209 Learn how to assist physicians in the examination and treatment of patients, as well as perform routine office tasks. Hands-on learning during lab classes lets you practice your skills so you’ll be ready for your career the minute you graduate.https://wellspring.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Medical-Assistant-hero.jpgWellSpring School of Allied Health
Get Hands-On Training & Real World Experience
As a WellSpring medical assisting student you’ll receive hands-on instruction from experienced industry professionals within an interactive and supportive learning environment. You’ll also develop your skills working directly with medical professionals during an externship in a real healthcare environment.
With a blend of technical knowledge and practical real-world experience, you’ll have the skills, confidence, and contacts to meet the high demand for professional Medical Assistants.
This program will equip you with the career-specific administrative and clinical skills required to keep clinics running smoothly each day. You’ll receive guided instruction in the following areas:
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Patient Administration
- Cardiopulmonary Diagnostics
- Pharmacology & Injections
- Medical Procedures & Minor Surgery
- Emergency Medical Procedures
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Nutrition & Wellness
Is Allied Health Career Training Right for You? Find Out! Take the WellSpring “Healthcare Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Allied Health Career Training Readiness score now >>
Earn the Competitive Edge of a Double Certification
Employers look for certifications when hiring Medical Assistants. The more training you bring, the greater your employment opportunities. Graduates of the WellSpring Medical Assisting Certificate Program are eligible and fully prepared to sit for two certification exams:
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant Exam
- Nationally Registered Certified Phlebotomy Technician Exam
It is also possible to become certified in a specialty, such as podiatry, optometry, or ophthalmology. With experience and/or additional training, many Medical Assistants advance to other occupations, such as teaching, nursing, and office management.
As a medical assistant, you have the opportunity to have a positive impact on people every day. At WellSpring, we never forget that healthcare is about helping others. We emphasize a human-centered wellness lifestyle while providing a comprehensive background in both clinical and administrative roles typical of a physician’s practice.
Successful graduates of WellSpring’s Medical Assisting Certificate Program are prepared for careers in physicians’ offices, hospitals, clinics, and chiropractors’ offices. In larger medical group practices, Medical Assistants are often asked to specialize in either clinical or administrative roles.
Medical Assisting Degree Option
With just a few more months of training, you could get a Medical Assistant degree. WellSpring’s Medical Assisting degree gets you prepared for two additional certifications that can give you a competitive edge in the workforce.:
- Certified EKG Technician Exam
- Certified Medical Manager through PHACOM
Having additional training and certification is a great way to showcase yourself to potential employers who are always looking for experienced professionals.
We recognize the demands our students face. The WellSpring Medical Assisting Certificate Program offers a schedule that allows you to balance your career training with family, work, and other responsibilities. With classes just 2.5 days per week and a low student/instructor ratio, our program maximizes personal attention and success.
- Daytime: 2.5 days per week. Program completed in 10 months.*
- Evening: 2.0 evenings per week, plus about 2 weekends per month. Program completed in 15 months.*
“I was tired of the day to day job that would lead no where, working from paycheck to paycheck. I wanted a career in the medical field where I could help people and feel good about what I’m doing. At WellSpring, the instructors are knowledgeable and they really do care. They want you to be successful.”
– Virgenia, Medical Assistant
To read additional student reviews, visit our testimonial page.
Continuous Career Support
Our dedicated Career Services staff will work with you throughout your training and beyond to help you turn your training into a successful career you love. Experienced Job Placement professionals are happy to help with things like resume preparation, interview techniques, and job searches.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Medical Assistant Right for You? Get More Info…
Discover whether a Medical Assisting career is the right path for you. Fill out the form on this page to receive more information. A helpful WellSpring Admissions Representative can answer all your questions and help you with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call us at 1-855-278-7077
*Program length when completed in normal time.