Get the Skills to Become an Advanced Medical Assisting Professional
15 Month* Medical Assisting Degree (AOS) Program in Kansas City, MO
The medical industry has grown over the past few years and is expected to continue this growth trend for the next decade. As this has happened, there is a growing demand for Medical Assistants who can also coordinate general office activities and manage other employees, in addition to being able to perform the full range of basic Medical Assisting duties.
That’s why Wellspring designed this program – to prepare and train graduates to, not only be fully competent MAs, but also to be able to deliver those higher-level skills that help a medical business to operate effectively.
- Jan 7thMedical Assisting Certificate: Daytime WellSpring School of Allied Health (Springfield, MO)
- Jan 7thMedical Assisting Certificate: Daytime WellSpring School of Allied Health (Kansas City, MO)
- Jan 7thMedical Assisting Certificate: Daytime WellSpring School of Allied Health (Wichita, KS)
- Feb 17thMedical Assisting Certificate: Evening WellSpring School of Allied Health (Kansas City, MO)
- Mar 17thMedical Assisting Certificate: Dayime WellSpring School of Allied Health (Wichita, KS)
This program will equip you with the career-specific administrative and clinical skills required to keep clinics running smoothly each day. You’ll receive guided instruction in the following areas:
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Patient Administration
- Cardiopulmonary Diagnostics
- Pharmacology & Injections
- Medical Procedures & Minor Surgery
- Emergency Medical Procedures
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Nutrition & Wellness
- Clinical Office Management – budgeting, staff training, auditing performance
- Human Resource Management – managing staff, including hiring and firing staff
- Health Information Technology – learning Electronic Health Records, both in theory and practice
- Effective Communications – patient communication, urgency, correspondence, marketing/PR
Students will also benefit from an externship as part of their training, where you’ll gain practical real-world experience working with clients in a real healthcare environment before you graduate.
Is Allied Health Career Training Right for You? Find Out! Take the WellSpring “Healthcare Career Training Readiness Quiz”
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Allied Health Career Training Readiness score now >>
Earn Two More Certifications
Graduates of the WellSpring Clinical Office Management AOS Program are eligible and fully prepared to sit for the two certification exams:
- Certified EKG Technician Exam
- Certified Medical Manager through PHACOM
Students are eligible to sit for the Certified Medical Manager (CMM) exam upon graduation and will earn a CMM-A designation upon passing the exam. This designation is probationary until 2 years of relevant industry employment is completed. The full CMM designation will be awarded at that time.
My experience with the staff was really wonderful….I would absolutely recommend family members and friends to pursue a career in numerous areas in the allied health field with WellSpring. The experiences that I’ve had and the training that I received here at WellSpring have been extremely beneficial and I’m actually looking forward to continuing to work with them.
– Eric, WellSpring Graduate
To read additional student reviews, visit our testimonial page.
Choose From Convenient Day or Evening Schedules
The Medical Assisting Degree (AOS) program offers both daytime and evening class schedules, so you can balance your career training with family, work, and other interests. Our program features a low student/instructor ratio to maximize personal attention and set you up for success.
- Daytime: The Daytime program meets two full days per week, either on Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday, for a total of 15 months.*
- Evening & Weekend: The Evening & Weekend program meets two evenings per week, either on Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday, for a total of 24 months.*
Continuous Career Support
Advanced medical office training is all about getting ahead of the pack in a rewarding career that you’re passionate about. The dedicated Career Services staff at WellSpring will work with you throughout your training and beyond to help you turn your training into a successful career you love.
Experienced Job Placement professionals are happy to help with things like resume preparation, interview techniques, and job searches.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Is the Medical Assisting Degree (AOS) Program Right for You? Get More Information…
Discover whether a career in Medical Assisting is the right path for you. Fill out the form on this page to receive more information. A helpful WellSpring Admissions Representative can answer all your questions and help you with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
For immediate questions, call us at 1-855-278-7077
*Program length when completed in normal time.