Start Your Journey Today With This 30 Day Wellness Tips Checklist
Many of us know that we should be more proactive when it comes to our health, but we don’t always get around to doing it. The problem, it seems, is that people don’t have a well-thought-out plan for fitness; and worse still, we tend to start and then drop out of a fitness routine if results are not forthcoming.
It’s important to have realistic goals when planning your fitness routine, but it’s just as important that you stick with the program and trust that it will be good for your health. As a way to get you started, we’re going to introduce this 30-day fitness program so that hopefully, you can start to target your whole body and mind and improve your wellbeing. So here we go!
Week 1: Activity Tips
• Set a Routine If you have to start your days earlier than usual, then make the necessary arrangements so that it becomes routine. To keep your energy high during the day, it might be necessary to start with a healthy dose of fiber, vitamins, and proteins. The right ingredients can make a huge difference in how you feel, so eat healthily.
• Spend Some Quality Time With Nature You may be surprised at how effective nature is at rebalancing the human body. Spending just an hour outside every day can have a profound impact on your mental and physical health. Nature calms the mind and reduces anxiety – which is important because lower stress levels mean that the immune system is boosted, and energy levels are increased. When its daylight, spend time outside to recalibrate your bio-clock; that way, if you’ve been having trouble sleeping, it will be easier to sleep when night comes.
• Practice Breathing Exercises The truth is, far too many of us don’t breathe the proper way. Your breath should start from the diaphragm and should be a deep, slow, and deliberate breath. The human breath has such tremendous power when applied the right way. Consider trying meditation or yoga and take deep breaths to release stress and tension, and to increase the amount of oxygen absorbed into your body.
Week 2: Diet
• Include CBD Oil in Your Breakfast Cannabidiol has incredible health benefits especially when taken first thing in the morning – because absorption rates are higher on an empty stomach. Add some CBD oil to your smoothie, or snacks, for the sake of improving digestion, absorption, and also for boosting your metabolic rate.
• Never Ignore Green and Leafy Vegetables Dark green vegetables are rich in antioxidants and contain essential nutrients that the body needs to stay healthy and facilitate basic functions. They’re also good for your digestion and will improve your ability to get nutrients from food. Eat your dark greens raw or slightly cooked to get in all the ingredients, and make them part of your diet.
• Drink Enough Water Very few people manage the recommended 8 glasses of water every day. While this isn’t necessarily a problem, it is important to consider your water intake and how it compares to your activity levels, and climate. For those who find it difficult to swallow water, there are a number of things you can do to improve taste such as adding a slice of lemon, or adding water to your favorite drink. That being said, synthetic sugars should be reduced, and taste should be improved by adding fruit (to prevent the downsides of sugar consumption). Aim for at least 6 glasses every day, and more when necessary.
Week 3: Beauty
• Learn to Love Sleep Sleep is essential to your health because this is when the body does much of its healing and resetting. When you don’t get enough rest, whole-body systems start to fail, including the immune system, leaving you vulnerable to disease. Sleep is also important for digestion, without which you wouldn’t be able to get all the nutrients out of food. At a minimum, 7 hours is needed every night to keep your weight in check, prevent diseases, and to prevent stress.
• Stay Away From Sun Rays Sunlight causes more damage than people realize. Ultraviolet rays can penetrate the clouds so it doesn’t help when you go out without sunscreen, even on a cloudy day. To keep skin healthy and soft, avoid spending time in the sun, and always wear a strong sunblock whenever you leave the house. Remember, many cases of premature aging are caused by sun damage and dryness, so protect your skin.
• Use Natural Skin Care Products Natural oils provide excellent protection against skin pollutants such as UV rays, dust, smoke, and other allergens. They are also rich in skin-friendly ingredients like fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. Start using products that have things like coconut oil, eucalyptus, olive oil, almond oil, shea butter, and Vitamin E.
Week 4: Mind and Mood Tips
• Do Something You Love Every Single Day This is more of a psychological fix in case you have very few reasons to smile. Doing something you like releases all the right hormones and improves your mood, creativity, and energy. Spend at least 30 minutes every day doing something that makes you feel good (btw, we don’t encourage drinking, or drugs, even if they make you feel awesome).
• Stay Optimistic Don’t stress yourself if your workout routine seems a long way off from bearing fruit. Being healthy also involves your mental health, which is why a positive mental attitude is important in any fitness program. Find a way to stay optimistic especially during tumultuous times. Make friends with people who have the same interests as you, as that can be a good motivator to keep going.
• Get Social Start seeking out communities that share your values and be vocal about your fitness ambitions. Be careful though, as this can have you feeling pressured to meet certain goals, so always be kind to yourself even when you don’t outperform your buddy.
About the author: Areyo Dadar, as a nature/natural-living enthusiast and passionate researcher with ten years of experience, she enjoys playing her part to educate the world on the benefits of alternative health and medication options.