Let’s celebrate the great weather; we deserve it after last winter! Here is a quick low-down on outside activities you can do and the number of calories you can expect to burn in 30 minutes. Our calculations are based on a 150 lb. female, so please take this into account. If you weigh more, you will burn more, and you will burn fewer calories if you weigh less.
- Gardening – 150 calories
- Running – 393 calories
- Shopping – 126 calories
- Volleyball – 102 calories
- Climbing Stairs – 525 calories
- Basketball – 270 calories
- Rope Skipping – 363 calories
- Soccer – 276 calories
- Swimming – 360 calories
- In-line Skating – 563 calories
- Ultimate Frisbee – 360 calories
- Cycling – 380 calories
- Water Skiing – 270 calories
So get out there and enjoy some outside activity before this Kansas City weather heats up too much. Enjoy!