SpaFinder released its annual list of Top 10 Global Spa Trends for 2011, many of which are health and fitness related. Hooray!
From a boom in salt rooms and salt therapy, which are beneficial for respiratory illnesses like asthma and allergies, skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, and even cystic fibrosis to pain relief treatments like extensive muscle and joint services, to corrective massages and facials, the report forecasts a wide range of spa, health, and wellness developments to keep an eye on in 2011.
1. The Pain Relief Massage (good news for our massage therapy students!)
2. Salt Rooms and Inhalation Salt Therapy
3. Sample, Express, Mini-sized, and Simultaneous Treatments
4. Farm-to-Massage Table and Farm-to-Spa Cuisine
5. Demand for Scientific Proof behind Spa Treatments
6. Extreme…and Painful Beauty Treatments
7. The Asia Spa Boom
8. Unique Group and Learning Experiences
9. Spa Brands Going Global
10. Spas Embracing Deals and Coupons